Thursday, March 3, 2016

Thursday 3/3/16 – Week 32: Baby Kisses

Rocket boy!

Friday 3/4/16 – Somehow Evan loves to eat now!
He likes bananas and peas when he hated them a few days ago.  I’m still feeding him once a day but will start doing it twice a day pretty soon. 

It’s challenging to try and figure out this new routine.  It was so easy when he just drank milk!  I got that routine down baby!

Now it’s food plus milk and then you tell me we are going out for the afternoon so I have to bring my whole kitchen and pantry with us?!!!!!!

My little angel taught himself how to drink through a straw today!  God it’s the cutest thing watching him do it.

Evan and Mommy photo shoot!



Monday 3/7/16 – Daylight savings time prep begins!
I’m going to start putting him to bed 10 minutes earlier every night in preparation for this weekend when we spring ahead an hour.  That way when it’s Saturday night at 6:00pm and he’s going to sleep, it will actually be 7:00pm and he’ll be right on track!
At least that is what I’m hoping…

"We'll see, Mommy!"

"I am the master of this household!"

Before his afternoon nap he was so sleepy and lovey dovey and he just kept kissing me!  Baby kisses are big open mouth kisses that he plants right on my cheek.
I started to kiss his neck and really get in there and he would smile and giggle and kiss me back on the cheek.  It was so, so cute.  I love him so much.

Tonight during the bath, Julia and I had to tell him NO really sternly for the first time ever.  He kept trying to rocket launch himself out of his tub!

His tub is at an angle so he is semi-upright and he kept kicking his legs at the bottom to launch himself up.  We told him NO and he looked at us with so much confusion.  “What do you mean by this word NO?”


Yeah, we will be using a new big boy tub tomorrow.

Tuesday 3/8/16 – I had my follow-up obgyn appointment today.  Somehow I decided to make this appointment on a non-nanny day.  I asked them on the phone if I could bring my son with me and they said, “Of course!  People do it all the time!”

Ok, let’s go show my doctor my little boy who he helped take care of for 9+ months.

Well, this quickly turned out to be a big mistake.

We had a private house showing scheduled right before we had to leave for the doctor.  So during Evan’s nap, I cleaned and straightened up and hid all of Evan’s things so the only evidence of a baby living here was his crib.

A whole 15 minutes before the people were supposed to arrive, Frankie wouldn’t stop barking. 

Someone walks down the hallway, he barks.
Someone walks up the stairwell, he barks.
A leaf falls off a tree three miles away, he barks.

Then my phone rings and… he barks A LOT.
The people supposed to see our condo cancel!  Just before they are set to arrive!

UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!  I cleaned this house for nothing!

It was time to leave for the doctor, so I gave Evan his bottle.  He didn’t want to drink it.  It was time for him to eat, but he wasn’t feeling it.

Once the baby takes their first sip, the formula bottles are only good for ONE HOUR.  We joke that they will explode after 60 minutes.

I set my timer and brought the bottle with us.

Then we hit traffic.  Lots of traffic.
We somehow weren’t going to be late, but that damn bottle would expire before we got to the doctor. 

I pulled over to offer some to Evan.

He still didn’t want it.  He kept playing with it and biting the nipple and I was so happy I wasn’t breastfeeding anymore!

BOOM the bottle expired.

We got to the doctor and there was NO PARKING.

We had to park in OVERFLOW parking and race to the other building where my appointment was. 

Ok, this was clearly a mistake to schedule this appointment and bring Evan with me, but I was doing ok so far. 

I figured I would be home in time for his next bottle and afternoon nap.

WRONG.

My doctor was always on time for us.  
Until today.
We waited over an hour in the waiting room!

I bounced Evan and walked around and showed him all the paintings on the wall and when I’d exhausted all my tricks, he started getting restless.

Finally we get checked into the room and now Evan is PISSED.

It’s time for a diaper change AND a bottle and thank god I have an emergency bottle of formula in my purse.  I change his diaper quickly and the doctor comes in. 

Halfway through my exam, Evan is STARVING. 

I feed him the bottle and the doctor gives us a minute.
Can we please get this appointment over with already?!!!

A full belly = a happy baby.

After finding out I had a little more weight to lose until I hit my magical pre-pregnancy weight (which is so f*&%ing stupid that we moms all aspire to hit that miraculous number after our bodies MADE A HUMAN), I realized I hadn’t eaten lunch and it was now well after 3pm.

Evan fell asleep in the car and naturally I found myself at the most logical place.
IN N OUT.

That was the best burger and fries I’d had in a very long time.  


I had to pull over to really appreciate it.  God it was delicious!

Wednesday 3/9/16 – Tonight was my second night of working out after I put Evan to sleep.  I started doing some 25 minute exercise videos and they are kicking my ass!

No comments:

Post a Comment