Thursday, January 21, 2016

Thursday 1/21/16 – Week 26: Six Months Old!

"I can't believe I'm half a year old!"

Friday 1/22/16 – This morning the nanny came over and I did something unbelievable.
I went to the gym!


It felt really good to finally work out.  Evan is almost six months old (tomorrow!) and I haven’t started exercising yet.  I’ve been able to for a while now, but it’s been hard to find the time and motivation.

Running on the treadmill was really tough.  I definitely felt different from when I worked out before I was pregnant.  I know I weigh a little more than I did back then and I could feel it.

But that feeling gave me inspiration.  It was time to work out and get healthy.  Not just to lose weight, but to get back in shape and be healthy for my family.

After feeling good at the gym, I went grocery shopping.
If you know me, you know I hate grocery shopping.
But somebody’s gotta do it!


And getting a smoothie to accompany me down the aisles certainly helps!

Saturday 1/23/16 – Evan is 6 months old today!


He’s such a big boy.  
Such a good, sweet baby boy.
I really can’t believe six months have gone by.

Tonight he didn’t get a second nap, but right now he’s sleeping well for the babysitter.
That’s right, I said BABYSITTER…!!!

Julia and I went out to dinner and then we saw the new Star Wars movie.
Somehow in my childhood, I missed Star Wars.  I never saw it.
I know, it’s shocking!

Well, let me tell you that I’m so overcome by this movie.
It was incredible.
Julia told me that what I’m feeling now is what she felt after seeing the first Star Wars.  
And that’s when I got it.  I understand the obsession!

I’ll hold off on my Star Wars / Star Trek jokes for a little while!
I can’t wait to show Evan this movie. 
I know he will love it.

Sunday 1/24/16 - We went to a friend's house for dinner and Evan got to try sitting in a mini highchair!

At first, he wasn't so sure.

"What in the..."

Then he had a blast!


I think someone will be ready to eat food soon!

Monday 1/25/16 – Evan had his six month check up today.
He weighs 20 pounds, 8 ounces, and he’s 28” long!
He's in the 90-something percentile for height and weight.
Unreal!
We are going to start with solid food this weekend!

He had to get shots and he was so good. 
Poor angel cried at the end when he got the last one (which had tetanus in it and I know that one hurt).  I gave him a bottle right away and he stopped crying. 
He also got a flu shot today.

He slept real long on the car ride home. 
I laid him in his crib and he fell back asleep!
He's so amazing. I'm so proud to be his mom.

Tuesday 1/26/16 – Somehow, Evan is now wearing 12 month pajamas!
How did this happen?!
My little boy!
He just turned six months old!
But the footie pajamas that were 9 month size were too snug because he’s so tall.
This is going to be a tall boy!

"Hello, little bear!"

No comments:

Post a Comment