Thursday, December 24, 2015

Thursday 12/24/15 – Week 22: Merry Christmas!


Evan’s first Christmas Eve!

Today we got to visit with family and right around dinner time, Evan was laying on a blanket and tried something new.  He was on his back and started scooting his feet and was crawling backwards!

This boy wants to move!

And when he does, we are certainly in trouble!

Angel boy fell asleep waiting for Santa

Friday 12/25/15 – Evan’s first Christmas!


On Christmas morning, we got up and walked our doggie and headed out to spend the day with the ones we love.

Evan has now been to so many new places in a few short days and he has met so many new people.  

People who have been waiting to meet him his whole life.
It’s so special being here.

We made sure to tell everyone to wash their hands before holding him, because we are those insane first time parents!

Everyone was happy to oblige to get some time with the main attraction.
Or should I say MANE attraction.

Dapper Evan's Christmas pout

Evan was so good all day.  
As long as we kept him fed and his diaper changed and gave him naps when he needed them, he was happy as a clam.  I’m so proud of him for being in so many new environments with so many new people and just going with the flow!

And let me tell you, having your first baby + going home to visit family + baby’s first Christmas = EVERYONE LOSES THEIR MIND.

Evan got so many presents it was unbelievable!

He is so lucky to have so many people who love him and would do anything for him.  
He’s our special boy and I think he made everyone’s Christmas.

He even started unwrapping gifts with Mama! Genius boy!

It was a special day for Jules and me too because this time last year I remember dreaming about Christmas with our boy.  

I also remember that on Christmas last year, I was spotting a little.  It happened out of the blue and I started bleeding a tiny bit.  I was so terrified that I was going to lose this baby.  
On Christmas no less.  I rested as much as I could and said some prayers.

And here we are.
All together as a family with our angel boy.


Saturday 12/26/15 – We had plans to go to my dad's house today so we started the morning with our new routine.

Making bottles for the day.

Step One: Measure out the formula needed to equal six bottles.


Step Two: Pour it into these little travel containers by Munchkin and put them in the diaper bag.


Step Three: Fill up 1-2 bottles with filtered water and fill up the rest when we get to our family's house.

It certainly felt like we were cutting drugs for an upcoming sale.
Just wait till the FORMULA COCAINE hits the streets!

Once we got to my dad's house, I took Evan upstairs to feed him.

Then it dawned on me.
I was feeding my son in my old room where I slept growing up.

I couldn’t believe it.  
I have a baby now.

The last time I saw some of my family members, I wasn’t even pregnant.  This is what happens when everyone is so far away.  It just feels surreal seeing everyone now for Christmas and having them meet Evan.

It’s like I found him and now have a baby. 
It’s a fantasy dream land.  It’s what I’ve always wanted.

Sunday 12/27/15 – Evan has a tooth!
For the past few days, he’s been acting like he is teething and wanting to put everything in his mouth.  That is a sign of teething but it’s also a sign of having a 5 month old.  Everything goes into the mouth.

So I started playing a game with Evan and would put my finger in his mouth and ask him where my teeth are.  The first teeth to come in are usually the two bottom center ones.

I had been doing this every day and would then say, “Oh, not today!” when I didn’t feel anything.

Well today we were at our friend’s house watching some football and catching up and I played the game.

“Evan, where are my teeth?!”
I put my finger in his mouth.
“Oh, not tod-----------OH MY GOD THERE’S A TOOTH!"
And then I started crying.  I couldn’t believe it!

The average age for teeth to come in is about 6 months.  Well there’s our boy, ahead of the pack!

He’s growing up too fast!  I love him so much and now we know why he’s been crying off and on sometimes at night.  It’s because he was in pain.

Tonight he ended up crying again so we gave him Tylenol before bed.  We are going to get some natural remedy teething drops tomorrow morning.


I can’t believe my boy is getting so big.

Monday 12/28/15 - We spent the day downtown with my brother.  It was so nice being in downtown Philadelphia seeing all of the holiday sites and just catching up.  We took Evan to the Christmas village and later for some Philadelphia cuisine - cheesesteaks and hoagies of course!

Two dudes in the City of Brotherly Love!

When we go back east and Evan is a little older, I want to take him all around town and show him the history of the city.  It will be so fun to explore everything through his eyes.

Wednesday 12/30/15 – For the past couple days, Evan has been uncomfortable.  We know it’s from the teeth coming through. 

Apparently the worst part is when they are breaking through the gums (makes sense) and once the tooth pops out a little, it doesn’t hurt as much.

Also, the more teeth he gets, the more he will get used to the pain.  This sounds so awful but thank god he won’t be this miserable every time there is a tooth. 
Cause teeth come in for 2 years!


So we are sticking with the Tylenol and teething drops and are trying to soothe him as much as possible.  We have this great toy that can go in the freezer so it’s nice and cold.  He likes that.
And it goes in the dishwasher to clean it.  Moms like that!


We’ve already been in Philadelphia for a week.  Time has flown by.

Sometimes when it’s the night before you leave and you're trying to pack and organize and forget how late it is and you're suddenly starving, dinner looks like this.

Yikes!

Time to fly back home tomorrow. 
And you better believe we learned our lesson and won’t miss this flight!


No comments:

Post a Comment