Thursday, November 5, 2015

Thursday 11/5/15 – Week 15: Positively Evan


One year ago today, I drove anxiously to the doctor to have my blood drawn.  I was about to find out that I was pregnant.  
It feels like yesterday.  I just got chills typing this. 

I remember so clearly being at work and seeing the doctor call.  
I ran outside and answered the phone – nervous as hell to hear what she would say.

“I was hoping you’d answer! I have good news for you!”
I got so excited I blurted out, “I’m pregnant??!!”
“Yes!” She said.

I remember shaking there on the sidewalk outside my building.  I felt like I was on cloud 9.  I was literally in a dream.  Everything I had ever wanted was finally here.

Wow.  What a difference a year makes.  Now we have a healthy baby boy who’s over 3 months old!



Today my mom and I went out to lunch after the Mommy and Me class.



Evan slept almost the whole time! Then we fed him a bottle and changed his diaper and went home.  It was the perfect day.  He was such a good boy.

I learned today in class that babies this age should get 11-12 hours of sleep a night, including interruptions for feedings.
Whoops!!!!!

We had been putting Evan to sleep closer to 10:30pm or 11:00pm and he would wake up around 6:00am.  Sometimes he would sleep this entire time and it really helped us to get solid sleep and be ready for the day. 
But I guess it’s not helping Evan!

So tonight we started an earlier bed time.  The goal is to get him in bed by 7:00pm.

New routine goes as follows:
Breastfeed
Bath
Bottle
Bed

Wish us luck!

I guess it runs in the family!

Sunday 11/8/15 - GO EAGLES!



Monday 11/9/15 – My mom and I went to the movies with Evan today!  His very first movie was Spectre – James Bond!


There are Mommy and Me Movies that you can go to and everyone there has a baby.  It’s the same thing as watching the movie, but if your baby cries, no one cares!

We sat down and a lady walked in with her COUGHING baby and sat next to me.  My mom and I switched seats to get her away from Evan. 
Let’s just bring HEALTHY babies out to the movies please!

The previews were really loud so at first I was worrying about his little ears.  No one else seemed to be bothered so I imagined this would resolve itself.

The hardest part was not having Evan watch the HUGE MOVIE SCREEN!
We are trying to give him no “screen time” until he’s 2 years old.  Studies have shown that babies who watch a lot of TV, etc have ADD and other learning problems.  It makes sense since watching TV shows them a lot of fast images so their brain then wants to process things so quickly and they’re not ready for it.

It’s challenging believe me.  No TV, phones, tablets until he’s 2.  We will see how close we get!

I gave Evan a bottle when the movie started and then he needed some bouncing.  So I walked to the side of the theatre to bounce him and he fell asleep in my arms.  I walked to my seat and he slept through THE ENTIRE MOVIE!
Such an angel.

At first no babies made a sound.  Then by the halfway point, all babies were crying!  Except for our sleeping angel boy.

I loved seeing the movie and there were many scenes in Rome.  Rome is Julia’s favorite city.  We’ve always talked about going to Italy as a family when we had a baby.  We want to show him the world.  And now I was seeing part of that amazing city on the big screen while holding my son.  I can’t wait to visit with our boy.

After the movie, we changed his diaper and went to lunch.  He sat in the stroller and was an angel boy for sure today!


At night, I fed him his bottle and he started staring at me. 
He was really looking at me.  Into my eyes.
He connected with me on another level.
This has happened maybe five times so far since he’s been born.
He smiled at me and was looking at me with his huge blue eyes.
I started crying. I love him so much. He's so amazing. This incredible boy.



Tuesday 11/10/15 – Last night we made the mistake of putting him to bed around 8:30pm.  It wasn’t on purpose, the night kind of just got away from us and it was later than we realized.

Then we thought if he went to bed later, he will sleep later.
WRONG!

We did a dream feed at 10:30pm and he was awake at 2:00am and at 5:30am and after that he never fell back asleep!

Sooooo tired today!

"I'm never tired!"

Business in the front, Party in the back

No comments:

Post a Comment