Thursday, September 17, 2015

Thursday 9/17/15 – Week 8: Shots Shots Shots Shots Shots Shots!

Dinosaur pants!

Evan's version of Donald Trump hair.
EVAN WILL MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!

Monday 9/21/15 – Since Evan was two weeks old, we have been practicing “tummy time”.  This involves him laying on his stomach on a mat so he can strengthen his neck muscles and his core.  He tries to lift his head up, but damn that thing is heavy!

Story time with Mama!


Tuesday 9/22/15 - Today was Evan’s two month appointment with the doctor, and we knew it would involve shots. And I had to take him there by myself because Julia was working. I enjoyed the challenge of going out in the world with my little boy. Just the two of us.

He was so good in the car and we talked the whole way there. I told him about the doctor’s visit and what to expect and that I will always be there for him.

Well, the car ride to the doctor was a success. No crying!

We got there and he was weighed and examined.
He weighs 12 pounds today!!!!!!!
This made me so happy.

And he grew more and is now as long as two subway sandwiches as my wife says! 
24" long.

“Any, any, any, Evan!”

The doctor mentioned a few things to expect when Evan is four months old:
He will start tracking you as you walk around the room – Evan already does it.
He will start smiling and cooing on all days instead of just some days – Evan already does it.
He will start making more noises like shrieks, etc – Evan already does it.
Our boy is a genius!

Then it was time for shots.

As soon as the first one went in, he started screaming bloody murder.  They had said to bring him hungry to the appointment so as soon as the nurse was finished (about 20 seconds later) I gave him a bottle.  He forgot all about the pain!  He was so happy and felt fine.

We gave him children’s Tylenol at the office in case he reacted with a fever, but he was great the rest of the day.

And now this boy is protected against some nasty diseases and we can GO OUT IN THE WORLD AND NOT WORRY!  I’m so excited.

I love him so much. He's so strong like his mommy! He fell asleep in the car on the way home and mommy got to go to the Starbucks drive thru! Thank you, Evan!!!
I'm so proud of this boy.


I noticed Evan holds his fingers with his thumb underneath his index finger a lot.  This is his default hand position. I wonder if he was like that in utero...
He's so adorable.


Wednesday 9/23/15 – Evan is two months old today!
I feel like each day goes by so fast.  I wake up and suddenly the next thing I know, Julia is home from work.  Sometimes I have no idea what I do all day.  Here is an example of a day in the life of Mommy and Evan.

5:00am – Evan’s awake. He went 6 hours 10 minutes in between feedings.  Yay!
I get his bottle ready, change his diaper and it’s feeding time.  Then I rock him back to sleep and put him in the bassinet in our room.

6:00am – I run the dishwasher and start breast pumping in the living room.

6:40am – I go back to sleep.

8:30am – The alarm goes off for both of us. Evan is fussing. I get ready quickly while Jules entertains him.  Basically this means I throw on some clothes, brush my teeth, wash my face, lather on some mascara, and throw my hair in a ponytail.

8:45am – I change Evan’s diaper and put on an adorable onesie.  Then it’s time for another bottle.

9:50am - Julia leaves for work.

10:10am – Evan is in his rock n play hanging out so I can eat cereal and have a little coffee.

11:00am – Time for a diaper change and more coffee for mommy. Evan and I read two books together.

11:50am – I give him a bottle of breast milk and we take a little photo session!

 "I'm two months old today, fools!"

Fist pump!

Then he goes back to sleep.

1:10pm – I heated up some leftovers for lunch. I put Evan on the sofa on his boppy pillow and tried eating with him next to me. Well that didn't work! He started crying.  I abandon my lunch and take Evan to our exercise ball where I bounce up and down to calm him.  This is always our go to soothing device for him.  He loves it!

1:30pm – I breast feed Evan and sometimes he will get sleepy and fall asleep on my chest and we can both take a mini nap in the glider. But not today!  I always think, I will either get a little nap or that will be my sign to make some more coffee.  Coffee it is!

We do another diaper change and some more tummy time.  I took some videos of our boy because suddenly he started lifting his head up really high!  He’s amazing.


"Look at me, Mom!"

2:45pm – Is it coffee time for mommy and maybe some TV? Nope. He got fussy so we went on the ball again. He fell asleep.

3:30pm – Evan is asleep in my arms and I was watching some TV. Then I thought, “If he's asleep, why am I awake?!”  We took a little nap for almost an hour.

I love my sleeping pirate boy so much

4:30pm – I gave him a bottle of breast milk and changed his diaper. Then it was time for an outfit change because the diaper didn’t quite hold everything! Oh my!

5:50pm – I finally got that cup of coffee.

6:00pm – Jules is home! She runs the dishwasher.

7:20pm – Julia gives Evan a bottle and I did some things around house. That makes me feel accomplished and I even made dinner for us!

9:15pm – Another bottle for Evan, then it’s bath time.  After that, we give him a “topper” which is another bottle to take him through the night (hopefully!). I take a quick shower and get ready for bed.

12:00am – Somehow it’s midnight and we are finally getting to bed. Fingers crossed he sleeps a while.

6:30am - Oh my 7.5 hours between feedings. I'm in shock. Thanks, Evan! I think I got 6 hours of sleep all at once! That's like some normal adults! Doing a bath every night followed by either a topper of two ounces or a full four ounce bottle really helps keep him full and asleep.

And he looks so cute after his bath with his curly hair!


No comments:

Post a Comment