Thursday, August 6, 2015

8/6/15 – Week 2: Never Say Never

"Um, yup, I'm 2 weeks old!"

Thursday 8/6/15 – Today we had a photographer come to the house and take newborn photos of Evan.  I can’t believe our boy is two weeks old today.

I’m sure the photos will turn out great, but they were exhausting.  We had to heat the house to 80 degrees so he would be warm and sleepy.  The photographer was here for 4 hours and towards the end I was thinking, “I don’t care what these pictures look like, it’s time for you to go!”

We were all sweaty and exhausted.  Evan did great though and I’m excited to see how they turn out.
Spoiler alert: They turned out GREAT!!!





Saturday 8/8/15 – I started pumping in the morning and at night.  I pump for 15 minutes and this ends up saving me time because it takes an hour to breast feed him and if I pump, I have more time.  I pumped enough breast milk today to put in a bottle for Julia to feed him.

Here is Evan with his first bottle!

"Bartender, I'll have another!"

Some babies apparently hate certain bottles and are very particular.  Lucky for us, Evan could care less!  As long as there’s milk in it, he doesn’t care what kind of nipple or bottle.  Just give it to him!

He really is so awesome.  
No matter what we throw at this kid, he’s like, “Ok, I got this.  No big deal.”

(Notice the Superman curl... courtesy of my wife.)

Tongue tie procedure, no problem.  
Breast feeding, bottles… whatever.  No biggie.

“I just love my moms!”

And then tonight we ordered sushi for dinner! My first real sushi in over 10 months!


Sunday 8/9/15 – Evan had trouble sleeping last night. We are still learning the nighttime routine with his feedings so we can try to get a 4 hour period between feedings.  That way at least we get maybe 2.5-3 hours of sleep. It's apparently common at this age for babies to have their day and night mixed up.  And he has been sleeping more during the day and is awake at night.  We need to correct this ASAP!

We gave him his first bath tonight.  And I cried!  I feel like he’s getting so big.  I want him to stay my little boy forever.

"Mom, no photos please!"

He enjoyed the bath because it was nice and warm, but he didn’t so much like getting his hair wet.  Hopefully he will learn to love it. 

Drying off in his hooded elephant towel.

A very sleep boy = a successful bath.


Monday 8/10/15 – Tonight Evan went 6 hours between feedings. 
Omg what bliss! That means we got about 5 hours of sleep! 

ALL AT ONCE!

We had trouble getting him to go back to sleep though after his morning feed so we could catch two more hours. But I’ll take it!

Tuesday 8/11/15 – Tonight I noticed that my breast milk supply was low.  I wasn’t getting as much when I pumped.  I’m worried that Evan isn’t getting enough milk when he’s nursing. It's also still really painful when I'm breast feeding.

I was able to get him back to sleep after the 2:45am feeding but then he was up again.  I had to give him the bottle of breast milk that I had just pumped as an extra cushion because he was still hungry.

I don’t know what this means but I hope my supply goes up soon.  This is starting to stress me out. 

He’s not sleeping as much in the night and seems more fussy.  We gave him a pacifier tonight.  I was trying to not use the pacifier so he can learn to self-soothe, but when you are desperate, you will do things you swore you “never” would.

A good friend of mine told me, never say never. She was so right.
Until you're in a particular situation, don't judge and seriously, never say never.

I also thought I would NEVER co-sleep and have Evan in bed with us.  But when you are going on 2 hours of sleep all day and it's 3am and your baby will only fall asleep laying on your chest, you will do it!

He is so cute laying on Julia’s chest and sleeping. I know we will be able to put him back in his bassinet soon but for now, we are doing what works best for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment