Thursday, July 30, 2015

7/30/15 – Week 1: Evan, Now On Demand

Wearing his "I Love My Mommies" onesie!

Thursday 7/30/15 – Evan is a week old! I can't believe it. A week ago this morning, he was still inside me. And weighed more than now. He's so long and adorable. I don't know how he ever fit in there.  Those long legs.  When he was born at 22” long, he was in the 100th percentile for height.  Our tall boy!

I feel so much love for this little boy. He is perfect. And he is ours.

Friday 7/31/15 – We had the tongue tie procedure done this morning.  The worst part was walking from the parking garage to the doctor’s office.  I’m still in a lot of pain.  It feels like my organs are still settling with all the room they now have.  I felt lots of pain sitting in the car again.  All bumps were murder.  And don’t get me started on the speed bumps in the parking garage.  Ouch. #$&%

The procedure was quick and the doctor did it while Evan was still in his car seat.  He used scissors and just snipped the skin under his tongue and then I was able to breast feed him right after.  He cried and there was a little bleeding but then it was over and he won’t remember any of this.  

But we will!  I hate seeing him upset. I feel this instinct to rush to him and kill anyone who is hurting him!

Hopefully having this procedure done will help my pain while breast feeding.  I want to try and breast feed him as long as possible, but the pain is really bad and having cracked and bleeding nipples is no fun, trust me.  This should help him be able to extend his tongue farther and get the milk more efficiently.

Tonight was our first night without a doula staying with us, and Evan decided to cluster feed.  He fed every 1-2 hours and we basically got zero sleep.  Please tell me it won’t be like this forever…

"It won't, Mommy! I love you!"

Saturday 8/1/15 - Tonight the doula brought a scale she uses for home births and weighed Evan. He is about 8 pounds, 4 ounces! His birth weight was 8 pounds, 5 ounces so thank god he is gaining.  On Tuesday we have an appointment with the pediatrician and they will make sure he has gained enough weight back. Fingers crossed.
 
Monday 8/3/15 – Big update today: I can finally blow my nose a little and it doesn't hurt too much to laugh.  Trust me, this is EPIC news.

Tuesday 8/4/15 – We saw the pediatrician today and Evan is 8 pounds, 5 ounces!  We can start on demand feeding.  So instead of him eating every 2 hours, we can feed him whenever he wants!  So that might be anywhere from every 2-4 hours.  This is such big news because obviously he is gaining weight and is on the right track, but when he eats every 2 hours and it takes 1 hour to feed him, that means we have exactly one hour to eat breakfast, sleep, pee, etc.

The doctor also said we can start giving him bottles.  I can pump breast milk and store it in the refrigerator or freezer and then put it in bottles so Julia can feed him. This will be nice bonding time for them.

Wednesday 8/5/15 – Last night we slept for five hours, woke up, fed him and then slept three hours. Thank you on demand feeding!


Today I finally got my sandwich.  After having the c-section, I wasn’t up for having this sandwich in the hospital.  I didn’t want to have it until I was ready to appreciate it.  Well, today was that day.


Fat Sal's Irresistible Italiano Sandwich
Ruffles Sour Cream and Cheddar Potato Chips
Coca Cola Soda!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment