Wednesday, July 22, 2015

7/22/15 - Dear Blackbird, Part 6


My dearest son,

At 41 weeks pregnant, it's time for you to come out and meet your mommies. Especially because your mommy can barely walk and your mama is on edge waiting for me to go into labor!

Tonight we will all go to the hospital and they will give you some incentives to come on out. I have a feeling we will be holding you in a matter of hours.

Which is pretty crazy.
I remember months and months ago laying on the sofa in your room and praying that you were happy and healthy and alive inside of me.

Both of your mommies have worked so hard to bring you into this world. I can't believe this part of the journey we started so long ago is finally coming to an end.  We love you so much already and I tear up thinking about holding you in my arms for the first time.

Everything feels so surreal right now. This is my last full day of being pregnant at home and feeling you move inside me. I know I've been feeling uncomfortable lately, but I'm sure I will miss that.

Soon you will be here and our lives will be changed forever.

We can't wait to meet you, our son.

No comments:

Post a Comment