Friday, July 10, 2015

7/10/15 - Any Time Now...

Julia and I went out to lunch today and I had another delicious decaf latte!


I was so excited to see the BABY BLACKBIRD shape in my mug!  Julia got a leaf, but I got Baby Blackbird.  
Ok, it might be a turkey, but as far as I'm concerned, it's a plump Blackbird who's ready to meet his mommies!

It's crazy living in each moment right now knowing that any second our lives will change forever.

I'm still feeling ok and slightly uncomfortable but I've been hanging in there. Any minute now our baby boy could decide it's time and all of a sudden I'm in labor.

It's exciting that he gets to choose his own birthday. Whenever he feels it's time, he will let me know and BAM I'm in labor and we're grabbing our overnight bags and heading to the hospital.

After lunch we walked around and even walked down towards the beach. I love the ocean so much and it was nice to walk and see the waves. We sat down and I could smell the sand and the salt in the air. I can't wait to take Baby Blackbird to the beach.

Driving back we hit major rush hour traffic and it took us 2 hours to get home. By this point I could barely walk anymore and was now just praying I didn't go into labor in the middle of rush hour so far from home!

As we drove, I put my hands on my belly and thought, "Ok my boy. Whenever you're ready, so am I."
I can do this.
We can do this.
Your mommies are so excited to meet you and hold you and kiss you.
When you're ready, we're here.

Luckily we made it home and we will see if all the walking does the trick. You never know what could happen tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment