Friday, June 5, 2015

6/5/15 - FTM & SAHM

Along the road to becoming a mom, there are tons of acronyms that you will come across.

If you remember, there's TTC (trying to conceive) and that's only the tip of the iceberg.


So as of this week, I'm officially a FTM (first time mom) and a SAHM (stay at home mom).

I've had a job and been working ever since I was 15, so to suddenly not have a job to go to feels pretty strange. 
And by strange I mean fantastic.  
But strange nonetheless.

Throughout my life, I've had a few different careers. Everything from being an actress to an event planner to working at a talent agency. For those who know me, I'm extremely determined and once I know what I want, nothing can stand in my way.

That's how I approached pregnancy. I have always known I wanted to be a mom. When I met my incredible wife, I knew that dream would become a reality someday. I knew that somehow, in some way this would work out for us.

And here we are.
About to become mommies for the first time.

My new job will consist of constant feedings and diaper changes with lots of crying and very little sleep. I know it will be hard. Probably the hardest thing I've ever done.

But I know that I was made for this. I was made to be a mom.

I'm going to take care of this little boy and help him feel safe, protected and loved. I want to give him the best childhood and the best life possible.

I know that's my destiny.

So when someone asks what I do, I can say I do what I was born to do. 
And that is to be a mom to our little miracle.

No comments:

Post a Comment