Tuesday, June 30, 2015

6/30/15 - 101 Dilations: Part 3

We had our final ultrasound today!
Baby Blackbird is still big but (thankfully) not too big!
They estimate that as of today, he is 7.5 to 8 pounds and they think by the time I deliver, he will be 8 pounds and some change.  They don't think he will be 9 or more.

Hooray!
I can handle 8 something!
Also, they explained that the ultrasound is taking a measurement of his head and abdomen and there is an error of 1/2 to 1 pound.  So he might even be smaller than 8, who knows.

On the ultrasound, the doctor could see my cervix and it is still looking long and closed.
So we didn't do a dilation exam today because he believes nothing has changed since last week.

Although he said that it could still happen at any time!

They could also see that his head has more room to drop down into my pelvis.
I said, "More room?"
This boy is going to drop to my KNEES!

In these last few days, he has felt so low and heavy.  I'm feeling pressure and still feel like I did a split by accident.
All of my muscles and bones are moving to prepare for the birth.
And I can hardly walk!
My body is also preparing me for the lack of sleep because I can't sleep for more than 3-4 hours at a time, which I know will soon be a luxury.  I'm constantly waking up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom and turn on the AC because I'm sweating!

I am starting to understand why some women reach the end of their pregnancy and want that child out!

No comments:

Post a Comment