Tuesday, June 2, 2015

6/2/15 - Oh Boy!

We had a doctor's appointment today along with another ultrasound to check Blackbird's growth.

They measured his head, abdomen and legs and then said interesting things like:
"He's on the bigger side."
"Looks like he's gonna be a big boy."
"He's in the 77th percentile."

And my thought was:

WHAT?!?!?!

So I asked how big he was.
"He's anywhere from 5.5 to 6 pounds."

I said, "Right now?!"

YES.

Apparently he's tracking a few weeks ahead and weighs that much TODAY.

If I started going into labor right now they would not try to stop it because he would be big enough and mature enough to survive and we are one day shy of 34 weeks.

So that certainly made me feel better in case god forbid he's super early. Although they reassured us that his weight has nothing to do with the due date.

But no wonder I need someone to walk behind me and help hold this belly up! It alone weighs 6 pounds!!!

They are still estimating him being 8 pounds at delivery, but I wonder the number of OUNCES that could follow that number 8!

The best news is that he is certainly healthy. And the doctor isn't concerned at all and said he's perfectly normal and can absolutely be born vaginally (my poor vagina!).

We also have to keep in mind that these are estimates. Their measurements are never 100% accurate and can even be off by a pound or two.

We are now getting one extra ultrasound in probably three weeks to track his growth one last time. Selfishly I'm excited we get to see him again before the big day!

P.S. we heard a rumor that larger babies sleep better. So if that's the case, let's do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment