Wednesday, June 17, 2015

6/17/15 - Week 36: Large Cantaloupe

Today the baby is the size of...
A LARGE CANTALOUPE!


"ANOTHER fruit, mom?!"

Oh my god I'm nine months pregnant today!
Where did this time go?!
One week from today (at 37 weeks), our little boy will be considered full term so hopefully he's not thinking of going anywhere just yet!

Officially 4 weeks left until our 7/15 due date.
Yeah, when people say they are pregnant for 9 months, that's technically not true.
It's actually 10.
40 weeks total.
And here we've made it to 36!

This week his growth slows down a little and his bones are still really flexible. This all sounds like good news to me so I can push him out!

The top part of his skull isn't fused together yet and won't be until he's 18 months old.

His liver and kidneys are functioning and his circulation and immune systems are all set, too. His lungs are still developing but are getting stronger every day.

My back is hurting a bit today and the pregnancy waddle has begun. It's tough walking around with 6+ pounds in front of you!

Baby Blackbird is still moving around like crazy.  I can now see the small lump of his feet as he kicks around, which is so wild!

Just 2 more weeks, little boy.... give me 2 more weeks and it will be July and you can do whatever you want!

No comments:

Post a Comment