Monday, June 15, 2015

6/15/15 - 101 Dilations: Part 1

This morning we had a doctor's appointment and they checked to see if I was dilated at all.

So the big news is...........

I'M ONE CENTIMETER DILATED!
NINE MORE TO GO!

But don't get too crazy because I can be 1cm dilated for weeks or even a month.  It's all part of the process, but the process is starting!  I can't believe it.  I'm just happy it isn't more than one!

The doctor said this was a good sign because when labor happens, things should progress well because they are already starting to work.

After this exciting appointment, we stopped by to see our IVF doctor and nurses.  It was so nice to see them knowing how far we have come.  Knowing that we are going to have a baby in a matter of weeks and it's all because of their help.

It seems like we blinked and got here.  Last fall was about 9 months ago and it went by so fast.  I know we struggled for a while before then to get pregnant, but now, being here, the whole process seems like it happened so fast.  I know how hard it is to cope with infertility problems, no matter what they are.  And at times it feels impossible.  You feel like it will never happen and you'll never get pregnant.  But chances are, if you have faith and keep trying, it will happen and you'll suddenly be 9 months pregnant and asking yourself how you got here!

To top off this fabulous day, it was time for an epic lunch.
I have been waiting to go to In-n-Out for my entire pregnancy.  I have somehow resisted the urge to pop into the drive thru and just go for it.

Well, today was the day.
And yes that's a milkshake.
Damn it was so good!

No comments:

Post a Comment