Sunday, June 14, 2015

6/14/15 - What Have We Done?!

Today we had a final meeting with our postpartum doula to go over everything before our little boy arrives. It's hard to believe that the next time we see her, we will be spending our first night at home as a family of three.

After that meeting, our friend offered to take some maternity photos for us. It was so much fun and here is a sneak peek of those photos!

(Photo credit goes to Caddie)

I don't know if I walked around a little too much today or what, but by the end of the night I feel like I rode a horse all day. I wonder if the bones in my pelvis and groin area are preparing themselves because I think they are moving. And this little boy is moving, too. He's definitely starting to drop even more and has been pressing on my bladder for the past few days.

It's amazing how fast everything is happening and tomorrow we start our WEEKLY doctor's appointments.  They will start checking to see if I'm dilated at all.  This is getting real!

Last night I had a moment of, "Oh shit what have we done?!"
I know parents get overwhelmed, especially first time parents, and you have moments where you realize that your life will never be the same. All of these changes are good of course, but they are huge adjustments.

I couldn't help but wonder if we took enough trips or traveled enough or went to enough crazy expensive restaurants or stayed out drinking late enough. But the fact is that before I was pregnant, that was all I wanted. All I could think about was getting pregnant and wanting the next chapter in my life to start. And now that I'm here I thought oh god did we spend enough time just the two of us?

Once we have our Baby Blackbird, yes our life will completely change. But that won't stop us from going out to fun restaurants and traveling to places we've never been. We want to show him the world and it will be so awesome to see everything through his eyes.

I know this will be the hardest thing we've ever done, but we will get through it. 
We will get through it together.
As a family.


No comments:

Post a Comment