It's important to have your hospital bag packed BEFORE you start going into labor!
So I got a jump start on that this week.
To begin, I used my friend Danielle's list from her blog. She's a gorgeous mama of 3 and is a pro at packing that hospital bag!
Here are some additional ideas of what to include:
- Copies of your birth plan (2-3 should be plenty)
- Goodies for the nurses (they will become your best friends.... and I hear they like cookies!)
- Games! We are bringing our favorite travel Monopoly, Scrabble and Uno games because labor can take A LONG DAMN TIME!
- Magazines (like the fun ones at the checkout line at the grocery store. You won't actually want to READ anything.)
- Movies/TV shows - load them onto your computer or make sure you have access to them in your birthing room via wifi.
- Labor playlist - Julia made 2 playlists for us. One with fun, upbeat music to help get me through labor and keep me smiling and then one playlist for when it's pushing time and he's getting close to being born. Cause although I love her, we don't want him to accidentally be born to a Kesha song ;)
- Write out a list of people to call/email after the baby is born so you don't have to worry about it in the moment.
And before you leave the hospital, TAKE EVERYTHING!!!!
They will give you extra diapers, pads, wipes, blankets, a thermometer... basically, whatever they offer you, TAKE IT!!!