Wednesday, June 10, 2015

6/10/15 - Week 35: Canary Melon

Today the baby is the size of...
A CANARY MELON!



I've never heard of a canary melon before and Frankie doesn't seem too impressed either!

I can't believe we have only 5 weeks left! This countdown is getting out of control!

This week our boy is still gaining some weight and might gain 2+ pounds before delivery. That would put him on track for an estimated 8 pounds.

I can handle that! Plus 8 is my favorite number... At least we aren't talking about 12 pounds here!

He probably won't gain much more in length but will continue gaining some body fat. In early pregnancy he was only 2% body fat and now he is 15% and at birth he will be 30%.

He's still moving around like crazy. His little pokes have become bigger movements and he is trying to use up as much room as he can.

I think I'm finally starting to feel better from this cold virus. The doctor said it doesn't affect the baby so I've been trying to rest and drink lots of fluids. When you're pregnant, your immune system isn't as good, so it's a wonder this is the first time I've been sick. I can handle a cold as long as it's gone by the time I go into labor!

In other news, by this week my uterus has grown 1,000 times its original size!


No comments:

Post a Comment