Sunday, May 3, 2015

5/3/15 - Waiting To Exhale, Part 1

There's nothing like a 10:00am labor and delivery preparation class to WAKE YOU THE F*&% UP!

Today was day 1 of 3 of our childbirth classes.  We had already known or at least heard of a lot that was brought up, but sometimes it's nice to have things in perspective.

Like my body for instance.

This is a BEFORE pregnancy and DURING pregnancy look at what has been happening to my body.


I MEAN......
How am I still alive?!?!
It was nice to see the look on Jules' face when she realized exactly what I've been going through!

Then there were some fun slides illustrating CAUTION: CROWNING A-HEAD (hahaha, I love puns) and even a doctor holding up a placenta with a huge grin on his face.
*Warning: don't try to Google these images as I just did.  You will get more than you bargained for.

We also learned some breathing techniques and some massage exercises that we can use during early labor for me to feel more comfortable.

There are still 2 more classes, and I know we will learn lots more.  It truly is a miracle everything that your body does to birth a baby.  Let's just hope it doesn't take too long and that the epidural works like magic!

Afterwards we came home and it was time to enter SWEDISH HELL: HOMESTYLE EDITION.

We had a few hours to work on Blackbird's dresser.  
This is what we started with:

Frankie: Good luck, moms!

And this is what it looked like when 2 of the 3 boxes were unpacked:


Frankie: No seriously, good luck.  You guys are screwed.

We made it through about 65% of the dresser assembly before we had that OH SH*T! WE REALLY ARE F*&%KED moment.
Some of the pieces in the middle weren't lining up with the top of the dresser.
After some debate, luckily my wife suggested loosening the middle rows of the dresser and somehow that worked to realign everything.

WHEW.
Because when you have that moment, all you want to do is literally set the whole thing on fire.


We restrained ourselves and finished about 80% of the project.  All we have left is making and installing the actual drawers, but the structure is complete.

At least we weren't putting this together: THE DIVORCE MAKER

As a reward, it was time for a dinner and AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON movie date!  I got to see my boyfriend, Thor, and of course I wore my (barely fitting) Thor shirt in his honor.

No comments:

Post a Comment