Wednesday, May 27, 2015

5/27/15 - Week 33: Honeydew Melon

Today the baby is the size of...
A HONEYDEW MELON!



I really can't believe there are only 7 weeks left...

This week he is even closer to his birth length and is starting to run out of room! There is more of him than there is of the amniotic fluid now so his kicks and punches aren't cushioned as much for me. And trust me this is true!

He still loves his signature move of taking one of his feet and stretching it into my right rib cage, all while stretching the other leg out towards the left. I think he's trying to do a split!

Blackbird is also practicing closing his eyes when it's dark and opening them when he sees light. This will help him realize the difference between day and night and also help his sleep cycles. 
(And we're hoping for many SLEEP cycles!)

His brain is still developing like crazy and his immune system is strengthening as I pass on antibodies to him.

For me... yeah I still need that oxygen tank and scooter. 
But it's my last week of work so I should be able to relax and rest more starting next week!


No comments:

Post a Comment