Friday, May 22, 2015

5/22/15 - The TDap Rap

Today I got my TDap shot,
Straight in my arm looking hot.
It will protect me and baby Blackbird,
So make sure you get one too, ya heard?!

The TDap vaccine is given towards the end of pregnancy to give me and Blackbird immunities against Tetanus, Diphtheria and Pertussis.  It's a combo vaccine and I couldn't even feel it going in! My arm might be sore later though as you can imagine if you ever got a Tetanus shot before.

Our doctor recommended that anyone who will be spending time with the baby (like a few days in a row) should get the TDap vaccine.  We are asking our family members to get it and any friends coming over for a casual visit won't need it.  We will have plenty of Purell on hand!

We will go back to the doctor in two weeks again for an ultrasound to check our boy's growth. As long as everything looks good, that will be our last ultrasound. Then the next time we see him, he will be out of me!!!  I'll still see the doctor every week starting at 36 weeks and he will start checking my cervix for dilation.

I can't believe we are getting to the end of this incredible journey. Baby Blackbird is so active and loves moving around all the time. It's hard to believe we will see him soon and be able to watch those legs stretch right before our eyes.

Today the doctor measured my belly and I'm tracking right at 32 weeks. Which is crazy because ever since yesterday I feel like he's gotten HUGE!  I feel like he is tracking closer to 50 weeks because I feel like a house!

And sometimes when I sit down, my boobs touch my belly and when I walk up the stairs my legs hit my belly. This boy is taking over!!!

I thought this breakdown of a 30lb weight gain was so fascinating of how the extra weight is distributed.  It doesn't all go to the baby! 


I still can't breathe because my lungs are squished and I know he was growing yesterday because I started feeling the stretching of my round ligaments again.

So basically I need an oxygen tank and a scooter. Is that too much to ask for?!


No comments:

Post a Comment