Wednesday, May 13, 2015

5/13/15 - Week 31: Coconut

Today the baby is the size of...
A COCONUT!


"Mom, the butternut squash was bigger than this! I'm over it..."
I know, I know - this was the biggest coconut I could find!

This week all five of Blackbird's senses are fully operational. And he's certainly exploring his sense of touch by kicking and punching the crap out of me! One of his signature moves is to punch my bladder and then kick my belly button all at the same time. He's trying to stretch in there!

For me this week, my diaphragm is getting squished as my uterus pushes up against it. Which explains why I CAN HARDLY BREATHE! This will apparently get better in a few weeks when he drops down into my pelvis to get ready for the big day. His head is already facing down which is great news (no breeches here!), but I don't know how much more he can drop! He's already low and will soon be at my knees!

Until he drops, I might need a damn oxygen tank.  Even if I'm sitting down telling a story, I'm suddenly out of breath. Or in the morning, I'll take a shower, put on my makeup and feel like I just ran a marathon!

"I'm with you girl."

My body temperature must be starting to heat up as well. Pregnant women are always hot and I think I'm getting to that stage. And I can't drink enough water! I'm more thirsty than this guy!


I can't believe I'm down to 9 weeks left. 
Blackbird's nursery is coming along and he will be here before we know it! (In JULY!)

No comments:

Post a Comment