Wednesday, April 22, 2015

4/22/15 - Week 28: Cauliflower

Today the baby is the size of...
A HEAD OF CAULIFLOWER!

Holy third trimester, Batman!

For the third trimester, we have retired the softball to the nursery for Blackbird to play with one day soon. We will now be comparing how big he is to... 
His very own big brother, Frankie!

(This was the largest cauliflower we could find, but he's bigger than this!)

This week marks the start of the last trimester. I can't believe I have only three more months to go.

Blackbird has been moving around like crazy and might even start hiccuping now! If I feel rhythmic movements, that could be him hiccuping to get his diaphragm in shape. He is also starting to have REM sleep which means he can DREAM!

Big news this week (which made me cry, but what else is new): if he were born today, he has a 90% chance of survival.

I've realized that the closer I get to his due date, the more I worry about him coming early. It made me feel so good knowing if God forbid he came real early, chances are he would be just fine in the long run. His lungs are developed enough that he would be ok with lots of medical help, but ok nonetheless.

As he and I journey into our last trimester, I have some fun things to look forward to.
- Sleepless nights - which have already started because it's becoming more difficult to get comfortable.

- Braxton Hicks contractions - as my body gets ready for labor.

- Shortness of breath - it's already hard for me to walk for a while without needing a break. Everything takes a little longer these days.

- Leaky boobs - because, why not?!

No comments:

Post a Comment