Wednesday, April 15, 2015

4/15/15 - Week 27: Cucumber

Today the baby is the size of...
A CUCUMBER!



A cucumber might sound small but look at that compared to the softball!  
He is 15" long and this cucumber is exactly 15" long!

Last week he was just over 9" long.
Did he grow 6" in one week?!
No.
Luckily for my body's sake, he did not.

Up until this point, our baby Blackbird was being measured from head to rump. 
Well, this week starts the official head to toe measurements!

I think I was around 21" long when I was born, so he is getting closer to newborn length.

This is also the last week of my second trimester. I'm almost two thirds through this pregnancy and I can't believe it. Where did that time go?

Sometimes if it's been a little while since I've felt him move, I put my hand on my belly and think, "Ok Blackbird, let me know that you're doing alright." 
And he kicks back. 
This little boy and I are connected. He makes me feel so special to be part of this bond that started with his Mama, Julia.

Before we know it, he will be here and we absolutely can't wait.
(But seriously, just let it be in JULY!)

No comments:

Post a Comment