Sunday, March 15, 2015

3/15/15 - My Birthday Weekend

This weekend was my birthday and I was so lucky to celebrate it with friends.

On Friday night for my actual birthday, my loving wife took me out for an Italian dinner. Only to the place that is known for making THE BEST spaghetti.


It was absolutely incredible. I'm staring at this picture wishing it would come alive. The pasta was homemade and the tomato sauce also had some olive oil so it wasn't heavy. It was amazing.

Then we shared a vanilla caramel budino for dessert. 
It was TO DIE FOR. 
It was so good, I didn't have time to take a photo of it.

It was one of the best meals I've had in a long time.

Then I had a fun party with friends on Saturday at a gourmet sausage place. All in honor of my last childless birthday!  It's crazy to think that this time next year, we will have an 8 month old! And hopefully I'll feel a little confident by that point (as confident as you can feel with an 8 month old) and Julia and I can go out for dinner while we have a babysitter. 
Oh how everything is about to change!

My birthday weekend ended with a bit of torture. 
And by torture, I mean yoga.
Yes, I went back.

The class was actually good and we did a lot of nice stretching moves in the beginning.

Thank god there was only one set of planks. The instructor said we would do them again, but she must have forgotten!

So, things were going well until she opened it up to the room. 
"Is there any last exercise anyone feels like they want to do?"

This is my second yoga class ever, lady. 
The only exercise I want to do at this point is walking to my car.

Then some chick at 37 weeks pregnant suggested THE WHEEL.


Are you f&@*ing joking me?!  
That looks insane as is but with a BABY BUMP?!!!
Are you nuts?

Luckily we didn't do that and moved on to something else.


All in all, it was quite a great weekend being surrounded by people I love and knowing how loved our little boy will be once everyone gets to meet him.

No comments:

Post a Comment