Friday, February 27, 2015

2/27/15 - The Big Ultrasound

About 8 years ago today, I drove across country and moved my entire life to Los Angeles. It's so incredible to think that 8 years later, I'm married to the love of my life and we just had our 20 week ultrasound for our baby boy. Life is crazy beautiful sometimes.

When I come for these ultrasound appointments, they should know by now to have some tissues on hand. When our little boy comes up on the screen and I see that tiny heart beating, I can't help but start crying. Today, the doctor measured different parts of his body and she walked us through everything she was looking at.

I love this little boy so much. It's still a little hard to believe he's in there and we are having a baby. It's been so long in the making and we are finally here, halfway through no less!

Everything that the doctor looked at was perfect and right on track. We were told that some minor things could come up in this ultrasound but not to be concerned.

But nothing came up. He's growing right on track and all of his organs look perfect. We saw individual sections of his brain, his face and mouth (where they look for a cleft palate), the four chambers of his heart and the blood flow, his arms and fingers, his stomach, kidneys, bladder, legs and toes and of course his little boy parts! Which might not be so little by the doctor's reaction! She kept saying things like, "Wow there it is again!"

He was a little shy today and didn't want his picture taken too much. But he was not shy about showing us that he's a boy!  And he kept stretching and moving all around - he's going to be an active little guy!

I kept waiting for this ultrasound, knowing it was a big milestone because they check his entire anatomy. I think part of me was holding back my feelings, scared they might find something wrong or have cause for concern. But he's perfect and he passed with flying colors. We are having a baby and he's healthy and everything is right on track. And now I feel like I can slowly let go and fall completely in love with this little boy.



1 comment: