Wednesday, February 25, 2015

2/25/15 - Week 20: Banana

Today the baby is the size of...
A BANANA!


(I know this says mango but we did that last week and another site said he's as big as a banana!)

Somehow, today I am 20 weeks pregnant. That means I'm halfway through this marathon and in approximately 20 weeks from today, we will be holding our little boy.

This half of the pregnancy has flown by. Of course I had my fair share of issues from spotting to round ligament pain, but looking back I feel like it all happened in the blink of an eye. In the next 20 weeks, we have to work on our baby registry and his nursery!

I can't help but feel sad that I'm already halfway through my first pregnancy. This is something I've wanted my entire life and it's already halfway over. I remember reading other blogs while I had my severe round ligament pains where women talked about missing that in utero bond with their baby once they gave birth. I remember being in so much pain and wishing it was the end already so he could come out!

But now, I get it. I feel that sadness and know I will miss this incredible connection that I have with my son. We will never be as physically close as we are right now. I love waking up and looking at my growing belly and talking to him. And I've been able to start feeling those little pokes as he let's me know he is still in there and to stop asking if he's ok!

I love this little boy. We've been through a lot in 20 weeks and I know our bond will only get stronger in the next 20 weeks, not to mention the many years ahead.

I'm going to try and enjoy every day as much as I can and hope the second half doesn't fly by too fast!

No comments:

Post a Comment