Thursday, February 12, 2015

2/12/15 - RLP Can R.I.P.

I have been feeling a little better but am nowhere near 100%. The abdominal pain occurs throughout the day and hurts when I walk or even drive over bumps in the road.

I let my doctor know I was still uncomfortable and he suggested I come into the office. So today I had a lovely ultrasound and got to see baby boy hanging out and his heart beating strong. So he's perfectly fine!!! Big sigh of relief!

The placenta is still low and I have 2 fibroids (which I knew about from an earlier ultrasound) and the doctor said they might be causing the pressure. They won't affect the baby but could cause discomfort for me since they grow throughout the pregnancy. So I'm feeding three things inside of me!!! Once I have the baby they will shrink again. A lot of women have fibroids and don't even know about them!

The pain could also be the round ligament pain or a combination of that and the fibroids. He suggested I take Motrin for 3 days and see if there is an improvement. He said if it's the fibroids, the Motrin should really help and it's safe to take at this stage of pregnancy. As much as I didn't want to take more drugs, I'm in pain and the doctor said to take it, so that's all I need! If I don't trust in my doctor at this point then forget it!

I'm looking forward to taking some Motrin and hopefully feeling better real soon.

In the meantime, look at this cutie!




No comments:

Post a Comment