Thursday, November 6, 2014

11/6/14 - Baby Blackbird

Two days ago (before I had my pregnancy blood test), I got in the car at work to drive home and pressed play on my iTunes Radio CHILL JAZZ playlist that my wife created for me so I stay calm. This playlist has thousands of songs (if not more) and it randomly picks one to play.
The first one that came on was "Blackbird," a jazz rendition of the Beatles song. I always liked that song and thought "My little blackbird". I called the tiny baby that name just hoping it was still in there. And I thought that was a cute nickname.

Well yesterday when I got to work after my blood test, I had to follow up on some projects in production from a few months ago. I pulled up the first one and I looked at the production company name: Blackbird.
Ok that's weird...

Then I went online for some entertainment news and saw a headline about actors joining a movie called Blackbird. Ok this is definitely weird now! 

Lastly, I had to make a call to one of the studios and the random receptionist who answered stated her name  - which is the name we chose for our baby girl whenever we have one. So all of these signs happened within an hour and were so crazy weird.

I hoped and prayed it was the universe telling me to relax and that everything would be ok. And then my doctor called saying I'm pregnant.
It all worked out. And now we call the baby Blackbird.
Such a sweet song and it's nice to have a nickname as this baby grows :)

"Blackbird"

Blackbird singing in the dead of night
Take these broken wings and learn to fly
All your life
You were only waiting for this moment to arise.

Blackbird singing in the dead of night
Take these sunken eyes and learn to see
All your life
You were only waiting for this moment to be free.

Blackbird fly Blackbird fly
Into the light of the dark black night.

Blackbird fly Blackbird fly
Into the light of the dark black night.

Blackbird singing in the dead of night
Take these broken wings and learn to fly
All your life
You were only waiting for this moment to arise
You were only waiting for this moment to arise

You were only waiting for this moment to arise.

No comments:

Post a Comment