Friday, November 21, 2014

11/21/14 - 112 Beats Per Minute!

We heard the heartbeat today!!!!!!!!!

I wasn't that nervous about this appointment believe it or not because I felt like Blackbird was ok. I just felt confident that everything would be alright and we wouldn't get to this point and have something bad happen. This is our journey and this baby is meant to be!

Our doctor pulled up the ultrasound and just by looking at the screen she said, "Hallelujah!"
We said, "Can you see it? How do you know?!"
And she turned on the sound and we heard it beat for a few seconds.
Here is the heartbeat on a mini-loop:


112 beats per minute which is right on track and perfect. Then she showed us the screen and we could see the little flicker of the heart actually beating!

This is all overwhelming and so exciting. And she didn't say anything about two heartbeats so I think we are out of twin territory!
I am so happy.
Best day ever.

I said good morning to everyone I passed and wished them a Happy Thanksgiving and a Happy Friday. This was so exciting today to see and hear Blackbird's heart. I love this baby so much already. We are so grateful. This will be the best Thanksgiving yet. We have so much to be thankful for!


So we went out to dinner tonight because I realized we haven't really been out to celebrate since we got the news we were pregnant!!! Unfortunately, we tried a new Mexican place that was really loud where you sit at a table with another couple. Not my fav thing! But the atmosphere eventually died down and we could stop repeating ourselves. We got the menus and instantly became the people on our phones looking up every word.

Can I have steak?
Salsa?
Guacamole?
Carnitas?
Queso????

Being pregnant is tough. Eventually I settled on a steak and corn dish with sparkling water, but it was nerve wracking. I know it will get easier with time and by the next baby I'm sure I'll be a pro!

No comments:

Post a Comment