Monday, October 27, 2014

10/27/14 - Lights. Camera. TRANSFER!

COUNTDOWN TO EMBRYO TRANSFER = 0 DAYS

This is it! I'm only a few hours away from making this happen! I did another meditation tape this morning and it is designed specifically for the transfer. It was great. I'm going to do it before and after the transfer at the embryology center. I'm so excited but at the same time I'm feeling pretty calm. And not gonna lie I'm excited to take my Valium!!!!! The doctor prescribes a valium to take just before the transfer and it feels so incredible. It will soon all be in the universe's hands and I'm praying this is the one.

Now I'm sitting in the waiting room and am so excited. I'm feeling quite calm (maybe the classical music in the car helped) and my full bladder is still feeling ok for now! About an hour and a half before the scheduled transfer time, I had to drink an ENTIRE LITER of water.  Having a full bladder helps the doctor and nurse see my uterus better.  And then they insert a very fine catheter (that already has the embryo loaded inside) into my uterus and with a small burst of air, the embryo is deposited.

I'm just so excited and feeling zen. It's a great day to get pregnant! It's gorgeous outside - not a cloud in the sky and about 75 degrees. Warm in the sun and cool in the shade.

Update: I just got home and my wonderful wife made me a sandwich and headed back to work. I'm about to start my shark tank marathon and cuddle with our dog, Frankie.

The transfer was "textbook" and they said the embryo was beautiful. They gave us a picture of it and it looks different than last time. I feel so good about this. It's hard to even worry because I feel so at peace with everything. And that's not just the Valium talking!!! It went the best it could have and that little baby will be so happy in there. During the transfer we were so relaxed and ended up talking about football with our doctor and the nurses! And before the transfer, the one nurse (whom I loved and made me so comfortable last time) was there again. And we talked briefly about our egg retrievals and Jules said that I broke a record with 68 eggs. She immediately said, "Oh, you're 68!!!! You must be an all or nothing kind of girl!" I felt so famous and proud.

I went to the bathroom after the transfer was finished and thought - I'm ready.
Ready for the morning sickness.
Ready for the tantrums.
Ready for the teenage years.
We can do this.
And we can't wait to meet this tiny baby that started out so small inside me.

I just had some pineapple slices to aid with implantation! Get comfy in there little baby! 9 months is a long time!


We looked back at the embryo photo we were given with the last transfer to compare it to today's. They looked so different. The other one was smaller and darker. This one was more clear and you could see all of the tiny cells. It really is beautiful like they said. Feeling real hopeful about this.

No comments:

Post a Comment